Connecting Land Drain To Sewer

    Request a FREE Onsite Appraisal

      Request a FREE Onsite Appraisal

      Connecting Land Drain To Sewer – The General Process Entailed

      Connecting land drain to sewer is something you may be interested in, however, you may be feeling at a bit of a loss regarding where to start. After all, this is not the type of thing you are probably used to dealing with! No need to fret, though, as we are going to take you through the general process below.

      It is important to note that there may be a few differences in regards to the process we are going to outline and the actual process you experience, as every sewer connection is different. However, this will give you a good idea regarding what to expect. Firstly, you need to fill out an application form, which you will find on the website of the Water Authority in question. Once you are happy, return the application, and the company will review it and either approve or reject the application within the timeframe stated – this is typically 21 days. If the application has been approved, you should receive a letter that will advise you of the charges you will be subjected to. If you are happy with these, you then need to get in touch with a drainage solutions company to carry out the necessary work. Select a company with care; you cannot afford to cut corners. The contractor will need to complete a ‘Request for permission to carry out works on a public sewer’ form before they proceed. Once the application is accepted, they can begin. When the work is complete, someone from the water firm will visit the site to inspect the work.

      If you are interested in connecting land drain to sewer, the first thing you need to do is get in touch with Environmental Drain Services Ltd (, and we will take care of everything for you. If you would like to discuss your requirements with a friendly and experienced member of our team, give us a call on 01202 821340 today.

      we would love to hear from you

      Call EDS today on 01202 821340 for expert help & advice